Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tap...Tap....Tap.....Does This Thing Work????

Wow. I have been a no good horrible very bad blogger!!!!

Things have been really super duper stressfull on my end of the world. Somedays I wonder if I am strong enough to go on, only to find that I pick myself up and somehow make it through the day, or hour or even minute for that matter.

My computer blew up with a virus thus I was left without any way to get online other than my phone. However I just treated myself to a new laptop as I will be beginging school shortly and needed one.

Rhett has done really well this winter up until recently. He was admitted the week of Christmas briefly due to Rotovirus. Then about 3 weeks he started in with a cold. It settled in his sinuses. They put him on an antibiotic and the same cold cycled through the whole family, and then he re-caught it. However this time it ended up with a really tight cough, wheezing, and super low oxygen saturation levels.

On Friday we reached the maximum oxygen for our concentrator at home and he was still only in the 80's, so we brought him to the ER here at Primary's, where we have been ever since.

He was admitted that night and I am glad he was. He has been between 3 and 4 liters pretty much the whole time we have been here. He was diagnosed with Human Metapneumovirus. Which is basically the sister virus to RSV....however with this virus it is actually worse. With RSV they know it peaks around day 5. But this virus varies greatly with each child. And children with lung damage or Pulmonary Hypertension such as Rhett tend to struggle with it. And struggle he has.

He is miserable. He has the whole pale look with the black eyes. Yet with all of his steriods and albuterol he is bouncing off the walls at times. He has slowed down on his eating and drinking, but since he has the g-tube we have avoided the whole IV mess. Which is a good thing since he is such a hard poke!!!

As always, Rhett is winning the hearts of everyone around here. Everyone knows him and has to say hi. Even if it's from afar since he has cooties. We are in the surgical unit of all things. They don't want him catching something else on top of this virus as it will push him over the edge. This is something we really don't want. His lungs just won't tolerate it.

Everyone is being super careful and we want out as soon as possible.

The other little birds are doing well. They are hanging out with my sister and having a grand time. Chloee and Hunter are loving school. Dakota is struggling. He was actually suspended 2 weeks ago, and they are talking to moving him from his all inclusive school to a school for children with disabilites. I'm not sure how I feel about this, other than I do know that if he goes to the regular high school next year, they will freaking eat him alive. He is in the 9th grade right now and he just can't handle it.

I am trying to stay as sane as possible and not go gray. I guess they make hair color for that problem though. Hehehe!!

I hope all of our bloggy friends are doing well. I look forward to catching up with all of you!!

Loves and Hugs!!!!

10 comments:

LisaL said...

So glad to see that you are still around! I was just thinking about you and Rhett the other day. Honestly, I haven't been on twitter in forever and haven't had much time to keep up on blogs much myself lately. Look forward to hearing more from you! :)

Colleen said...

I just saw one of your old emails to me and thought, I wonder how Pam's doing, and little Rhett?? I'm sorry he's sick and I sure hope he gets well quickly! You're all in my thoughts, good to hear from you! :)

Amber said...

It's good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you and the birds and wondering what the heck happened to you.

Rhett and your family are in my prayers. Hopefully you all will be out of the hospital in no time. I know first hand what it is like having a sick child in the hospital is like...no fun at all. Hang in there. Hope to here from you soon.

Amber

What are you going to school for? Congrats!

AZ Chapman said...

update on D I know everything will work it slef ou why did he get supended

Stephanie Ellinger said...

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are up on the hill again. If you aren't gone by Thursday, I'll stop by and see you since Nathan's having jaw surgery again...

You guys are in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you. Hoping Rhett is doing better very soon. We'll be praying!

Ally in Wonderland said...

You're Back!!! I'm so sorry to hear about all the "fun" (haha, not really) stuff going on. Boo on bugs!!! As for Dakota, maybe it'll help him, maybe that's what he needs.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Truly yours

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Glad to see you- I have been bad also!

sanjeet said...

Look forward to hearing more from you! :)
post free classified ads

Blog Widget by LinkWithin