Friday, July 10, 2009

Musical Beds....

Last night was just, well....weird.

It started out all fine and dandy. Hunter and Chloee decided they wanted to sleep in the living room. They got out all of their blankets, and made beds. Chloee got her stuffed animals that she has to sleep with every night and they were all set.

Rhett and I sat in the recliner and watched Malcolm in the Middle while he went to sleep. When he was finally out, I put him in his bed, which is on the bottom bunk in the room that him and Chloee share.

Andy and I talked for a bit and then we were out as well.

Oh and I was out-out. I mean I haven't been so dead to the world in a looooonnnnnggggg time. I went to sleep and the next thing I know it's 5:30 am. I'm not sure what the sound was that woke me up, but after lying there for a minute I could hear Rhett fussing and calling for me.

I was still so flippin tired I couldn't walk straight.

You know how it is, you get out of bed, stumble around, walk like a drunk, and run into a few walls, maybe even stub your toe on the toy truck thats in the hallway and say a few choice words.

Anyways. So I walk/stumble into the bedroom over to Rhett's bed, mind you it's still dark, and go to pick up Rhett. As I am picking him up, I am thinking, "How the H-E-double-hockey-sticks did he get so dang heavy?" Then I stand there and the world spins around a few times, and I realize.......This isn't Rhett!

Though I'll be honest the thing that finally made me realize I had the wrong kid was that I knew Rhett didn't have that much hair.....

For some reason Chloee was sleeping in Rhett's bed.

Now I am wondering where Rhett is. I stumble back out into the hall, because I am still half asleep, and turn on the light. After hitting a few walls, and running into the doorknob, I walk back in the room to look for Rhett. I couldn't see him anywhere, and was getting a little worried. Then I saw a blanket off the side of the bed move, and a foot stick out.

Rhett was nearly completely under the bed with his little toes hanging out just enough for me to realize it was him.

I pulled him out, and brought him into bed with me.

We both slept really well for the next 2 1/2 hrs, and then my alarm went off. I got up to get Hunter up so he could go with Andy when he left for work. (Hunter is staying with Andy's mom this weekend.) I walk into the living room, which is where I left the kid last night, and he's not there.

Seriously?!?! Did I miss some type of game of musical beds or something?

I walked into his bedroom and sure enough he's up on his bed fast asleep. I told him it was time to wake up and get ready to go. He looks at me and says, "How did I get up here?"

Pfthhh, your guess is as good as mine kid.

I wandered back into bed and laid back down thinking that I could possibly have the strangest kids on the face of the earth. Then I slowly reached over and flicked Andy on the head.

You know. Just to make sure he was still there.

6 comments:

Tina said...

How funny.....kids playing musical beds all night long!

Unknown said...

That's funny!

Laura Marchant said...

lol, I wouldn't know what to think. Don't you wish you could see a video who was sleep walking around, lol.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

This reminds me of a story my coworker was telling me about sleepwalking. When he was a kid he used to sleep walk. One night he went into his brother's room (he has two younger brothers who both have fragile x syndrome) and pulled his brother out of bed and got into his bed. In the morning he found his brother on the floor freezing while he slept in his bed! When he asked him why his brother said you pulled me out of bed. Poor thing!

my--four--sons said...

LMAO....Seriously I can't stop giggling. I have so been there before. Thanks for the laugh :)

My Three Sons said...

That's so funny. Hey I'm just glad YOU woke up in the bed that you fell asleep in.....right? HaHa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin