Monday, November 22, 2010

It's Great Being 5!!!!

During my blogging hiatus, Rhett turned 5. The big F-I-V-E.......

Can you believe it? It just kills me how quickly time has flown by. Gone is the sweet little baby who wore preemie clothes that were too big for him. Here is the sweet little boy, who has his own opinions of everything, the sweet little boy who when he doesn't want something says, "NO WAY!!"

He has lost his toddler look, and has turned into a little boy overnight.

See? I.kid.you.not!!


We recently finished up his settlement. I think I speak for both Andy and I, when I say that we are super glad to have this chapter of our lives officially closed. We were able to put the money away for him, so that when he turns 18 he will always have some type of money to use however HE wants too. We felt like as high functioning as he is, it will be really good for him. We were also able to set it up so it won't affect any SSI or Medicaid, as well as independent living assistance he may be eligible for. We were also able to get him some equipment that he needed that had been put off for so long.

He was excited to have a new car seat. Honestly I was too....his car seat was a super cheap one, and I wanted one that had passed side impact tests. Britax makes the best car seats, and I am very impressed with what they offer. Andy and I have put SO MUCH money into his health, it seemed silly that we bought him a 35 dollar car seat that wouldn't do much to protect him in the event of an accident.

We ended up choosing the Britax Marathon. It goes up to 65 lbs, and he is still just 32 lbs, so he still has a while in it. I don't think I'll ever purchase another brand again.

That being said, I think we are ready for our Thanksgiving trip to Salina. We'll be traveling about 2 hours away. I am really excited to spend it with Andy's Dad's side of the family. We haven't been down there since before Rhett was born, so this will be a great opportunity for Rhett to meet some of his cousins and Aunts!!

I hope you all have a safe and fun Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Glad to see you back in the bloggy world Pam. Thats great about the money not affecting Rhett's help. I know that takes alot off your mind. Give Mr. Rhett a big Smoochie from us.

Anonymous said...

welcome back Pam! I've often wondered how you and your family was....Rhett looks incredibly cute and grown up.

Susie

Colleen said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Rhett! He sure is a super handsome little boy! Have a wonderful holiday! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin